Tuesday 4 January 2011

New Year, New Me!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2011 has arrived and mine got off to a great start with a trip to Ireland with some friends. It did me a lot of good just to get out of London for a few days and to spend some time with people my age who know and love me. 

 Ireland is so beautiful - the perfect place to start a new year!

I'm always big on new beginnings and making a fresh start and I try to do so every year (and sometimes every month or even every week!) This year seems extra important though, as 2010 was a bit of a disappointment and I feel like I'm now at a true crossroads in my life. It's been a full year since I finished university so I feel like all that stuff is well and truly in the past and I can move on for good. I'm really determined to make this year a massive success and to turn it into a building block for future success. So without further ado here are my new years resolutions for 2011!
  • SEX! First and foremost I need to get sex into my life. I need to get rid of my virginity and start feeling comfortable with my body and sexuality. This is my main and biggest resolution for the year.
  • Gay friends: I hope that if I can get more comfortable with being gay I will meet some like-minded gay friends too. I'm not sure how I will do it but that's just a detail for now.
  • Straight friends: I also want to make some new straight friends and re-connect with old ones. After spending so many years with a pretty limited social life I'm left with a relatively small circle of friends. I want to change that for good.
  • Work: This is a tough one because I'm still not sure what I want to do. But I want to keep looking and figuring it out and I want to be as strategic as possible. For now I'm doing the internship that I mentioned in my last post and hopefully something good will come of that but if not I just need to remain positive and believe that I will get there in the end.
  • Positive mind: Which leads nicely into this. I find it so easy to slip into negativity and I believe that it's a vicious cycle. So this year I want to try with all my might to remain as positive as possible. I want to start and end everyday reminding myself why I should be happy and asking myself what needs to be done to fix things that are not working. And then fix them! Instead of just feeling sorry for myself.
  • All the usual: Eat and drink well, keep fit and just generally look after myself. I also want to carry on learning about myself and figuring out what it is that makes me tick. And then doing as much of it as possible!
I have a good feeling about 2011 and I want to make it a year of massive changes that have a positive effect on my life. We never know what is around the corner but here I am sending as much positive energy into the universe as possible!
 
Let's see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment